A recent visit to Perth had me falling down a rabbit hole, knife and fork in hand, into the culinary wonderland that is Fremantle Markets.
Here, food vendor after food vendor beckoned, “Eat Me” with their pillowy bao buns, enchanted egg brioche, spell-binding pastries, fairytale fudge, sweetly magical honey cakes and more.
And yes, the resulting tea party no doubt contributed to me growing larger… at least it would have had it not been for the siren call of a jewel like red concoction from the stall of Roogenic. “Drink me,” it cries and in the spirit of the day I acquiesce.
A natural health food company specialising in teas made from Australian Native Plants, Roogenic’s Super Detox Tea has been designed to help bloating, support gut health, and the natural cleansing of the body. And it’s delicious.
Family owned Roogenic creates its products using native ingredients chosen for their incredible natural properties and based on traditional Aboriginal medicine – but backed up by scientific research. All of the ingredients are either wild harvested or organically grown and are sourced from local farmers and Indigenous communities, providing an income stream as well as promoting traditional indigenous culture to a broader market.
The Super Detox Tea is just one of the many Roogenic temptations that follow me back home to Sydney, my bag overflowing with a Native Happiness blend, Native Relaxation to help me sleep and a Native Balance for Women featuring a unique blend of Australian bush plants & herbs designed to support women’s well-being. And I’m happy to report that the Roogenic brand of alchemy works, because three weeks later, I’m less bloated, more balanced, and sleeping like a baby.
As well as that Wonderland-ish tea, Roogenic’s magicians conjure up a variety of bush foods, native plant infused honey and an incredible olive oil, infused with with Lemon Myrtle & Pepperberry, and you better believe they conjured their way into my luggage too.
Inspired by the gorgeous products and recipes from Roogenics, we’ve taken popular Italian staple and family fave, Spaghetti Aglio e Olio – flavour packed as always with chilli and garlic -to decadent new levels with the addition of wads of sweet Aussie crab meat and a generous splash of Roogenic Australian Extra Virgin Olive Oil infused with Lemon Myrtle & Pepperberry. The result is Spaghetti Aglio e Olio with crab and lemon myrtle, a quick and easy flavour packed feast that is fast becoming this family’s favourite new week night dinner treat.
- 500g dried spaghetti
- 200 grams cooked blue swimmer crab meat
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbs. Roogenic Australian Extra Virgin Olive Oil infused with Lemon Myrtle & Pepperberry
- 8 large garlic cloves peeled and finely chopped
- 1 heaped tsp. crushed chilli flakes
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup shaved parmesan
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions until just tender. Drain and set aside, reserving a cup of cooking liquid.
- Heat extra virgin olive oil over medium heat in frypan, adding the garlic and chilli flakes and cook for two minutes or until fragrant
- Add the reserved cooking liquid to the pan, season with salt and pepper and simmer for two minutes until liquid reduces by a third.
- Add the drained pasta and toss.
- Lower the heat and crab meat until just heated through.
- Take off heat, add parsley and Parmesan and toss until combined.
- Drizzle pasta with Roogenic Lemon Myrtle & Pepperberry Infused Olive Oil and and an extra sprinkle of parsley to serve.